Please review all of the terms carefully before placing an order.
- For the terms of this agreement 'we' will refer to MarTia's Cakes and 'you' will refer to the client/customer.
- All orders require 2 — 3 weeks advance notice.
- Cupcakes, Cake Pops, Cookies, Brownies, Dipped Berries, Dipped Cookies and Dipped Pretzel Rods must be ordered at minimum of a dozen per flavor.
- A 50% deposit is required with all orders over $100 when you approve the specific details of your quote. Full payment is required with all orders less than $100 when you approve the specific details of your quote.
- Your deposit/full payment reserves your event date and is non-refundable.
- NO refunds will be issued under any circumstances, unless the MarTia's Cakes chooses to cancel your order and if that is to occur, you will receive only your deposit as a refund within 30 days of the cancellation.
- Upon signing the contract, a deposit/full payment is due or has been paid.
- We must receive the final payment (on orders over $100) by the due date indicated (2 weeks prior) or the contract is null and void, and deposit will not be refunded. If you miss your final payment on the initial due date and still want the order processed, there will be an additional 25% charge to the total that is due if you still want the order to be processed.
- The date of your final payment (2 weeks prior) is the final date for any changes of size, style or flavors of the cake. Any changes requested after this date cannot be guaranteed and may be subject to additional charges.
- Delivery and setup is an additional cost. Delivery cost will be determined by the distance and amount of time to set up. Delivery and set up cost will be included with the initial quote.
- If you choose to pick up your cake and the cake is not picked-up with a 15-20 minute window from the time you setup, you will not be able to pick up your cake until the following business day. Please take your cake order, my time and other client's orders into consideration.
- If you or your representative elective pick up and set up the cake, you assume all liability and responsibility for the condition of the cake once it leaves MarTia's Cakes' possession.
- We are not responsible for any damage to the cake/dessert items after delivery an setup is complete. You are responsible for providing an appropriate & secure table and environment for the cake(s). Cakes are heavy and require a sturdy table.
- Cakes and desserts require an optimal room temperature of 70 degrees or below
- MarTia's Cakes is not responsible for supplying any fresh flowers or cake toppers that go on the cake.
- You acknowledge that fresh flowers are not a food product, and may contain pesticides, insects, dirt, or other contaminants.
- MarTia's Cakes does not duplicate other artists' designs. We will work with you to use the provided design as an inspiration and idea for your final design, including colors, size and structure.
- For color matching we ask that you provide a swatch of the shade you would like. We will do our best to match the color to within 3 shades (darker or lighter). With edible products and food grade dyes exact matches are sometimes difficult to achieve. Also be advised that dark colors will sometimes taste a little bitter and possibly stain.
- You agree that MarTia’s Cakes can make adjustments as needed to provide the best design. We will contact you if these changes will result in a major change to your final design.
- On occasion we will photograph our cakes and desserts. We reserve the right to use any photographs of your order for display or promotion without compensation to you.
- Our products may contain or come into contact with milk, wheat, nuts, soy, and other allergens. You agree to notify your guests of this risk and hold us harmless for allergic reactions.
- Performance of this agreement is contingent upon the ability of MarTia’s Cakes to complete the agreement and is subject to labor disputes or strikes, accidents, and other causes beyond our control.
In the event of cancellation, payments and deposits are non-refundable and will NOT be issued under any circumstances. If the cancellation is made within 30 days, you will not receive credit or any type of refund. If your cancellation is made more than 30 days prior, you will have the option to reschedule your order in the next 6 months, provided the time slot you need is available.
You acknowledge that it is your sole responsibility to check your contract to ensure all details are correct. If changes to this contract are needed, you acknowledge that it is your sole responsibility to notify MarTia’s Cakes in writing as soon as possible of the changes. You understand that the cake details (flavors, styles, sizes, etc.) stated on your contract will supersede any verbal or other written communications.
MarTia’s Cakes is not responsible for damage to cakes resulting from sitting outside or damage resulting after cake has been picked up by client. You give some degree of artistic license concerning your cake design. You understand that your cake will be to the closest representation agreed upon.